Monday, March 24, 2008

Am I really doing this?

For those of you who really know me, the computer is really not my thing, aside from the occasional email, and looking for something online... Computers and I do not get along. So, this is huge trying to figure this out, so far it seems pretty easy. Hopefully this will save some of you a phonecall as it seems the only time I have time to really talk on the phone is after 9:30pm, and then I am beat so I am probably actually falling asleep while talking to you anyway. No offense. Just being honest. Let's see so much to say, where do I begin? This past weekend was interesting to say the least. It was indeed Easter weekend. However, we spent the weekend with Cori, and her dog Ellie. They were here visiting with us, and we had a wonderful girls day out shopping on Friday, we went out and had our toes done, Audrey had her nails painted she is such a girl. I will post pics of that in the AM, she was really hamming it up at the salon. Richard and Gideon spent the day doing guy stuff, moving trees, riding bikes, playing Peter Pan and Captain Hook and Star Wars. Saturday was another fun filled day until Audrey stepped on a splinter on our deck. Only we couldn't get the splinter out despite our best efforts at surgery at home performed by none other than Dr. Richard Ta, ha ha. We had to stop torturing the poor girl as she was screaming "your choking me and I can't breathe", while holding her down trying to get out a splinter, we were just waiting for the Grayson PD to show up at our door and arrest us for child abuse. As the weather was nice and the windows were wide open, I am certain the neighbors heard every bit of her dramatic pleas for help. I am not doubting that the splinter hurt as you will see in our pictures I am throwing around the word splinter very loosely, after going to the Urgent care center first thing Sunday morning to have the wooden shard removed from the poor childs foot it is huge. It seemed to go on forever as the doctor pulled it out. Even at the doctors office my daughter had the opportunity to show her talent for drama as she again was very vigilant that she was being choked and could not breathe. She is so funny. The doctor kept calling her very tough as there were the three of us, Richard, the doctor and I holding her down. Despite all of the dramatics, Audrey survived the retrieval of the splinter. I did have to save the thing because it is huge. For you parents out there, make your children wear shoes anytime they are outside, even if they are just on the back porch. Gideon is so sweet after it was all over and Audrey decided she was going to be okay after all, we were loaded up in the car to head to grandmas for Easter lunch and he looked at Audrey and said "Audrey, I am so glad you are okay, I was really worried about you." Such a sweet boy. Audrey is okay, she is actually putting weight on her foot again instead of walking around tippy toed. So, I have a lot to say to you folks after all. Hopefully it is not too overwhelming. Will post more soon.

No comments: