Saturday, July 12, 2008

SUMMER FUN

Okay a bunch of you have been asking to see a picture of the baby bump (mountain), so here it is. Ugh, only 7 days until the due date. I am feeling pretty great other than my left foot looks like a huge sausage, and my cute little toes look like lil' smokies. For those of you who have seen my foot when it is swollen, you can verify that my description is completely accurate.

Let's see we have been trying to stay really busy and do lots of fun stuff before #3 gets here. We went fishing on Friday and Saturday, the kids had a great time trying to catch tadpoles, they are not real patient when it comes to the fishing pole part. I had fun, I caught three fish it was great. Here are a few pics of the Ta fishing experience...
Gideon is just happy to be outside near water, where he can be messy. Richard would be happier if he were catching fish, instead of baiting hooks. He is the best hook baiter ever, I would not have been able to catch anything without him.


Audrey, still a dancer, even in the woods. I wish you could see the faces on my kids when I caught this fish. They thought that it was the coolest thing ever. They went from the previous day asking for a new mom (Audrey that is), to mom you are awesome, I guess for now she will keep me after all. This is a brown snake that Audrey was oh... face to face with when she ran by it on the path, and then stopped and turned around to see if what she thought she saw really was a snake, and got really close to get an even closer look, and then screamed mom it's a snake. Ewww. Creepy.

On the 3rd of July we went to Stone Mountain and had a great time. The weather could not have been more perfect, and the crowd was the perfect size too. The fireworks fantastic.


Audrey and I took my mom to paint pottery last week as a girls day out, but also as a birthday present to grandma. It has also become somewhat of a tradition to go and paint pottery a week or two before our baby arrives, in the past we have done tiles with the new babys name and nursery colors on it. So, #3 has a tile with his name on it, which is tenatively Spencer Garrett Ta. Subject to change on the birthdate. This is what his name tile says on it though. We had a lot of fun, as it was moms first time painting pottery. Usually Allison is my painting partner for this tradition, only she is spending time in Indiana, going to school. WE MISS YOU!!

Otherwise our time has been spent hanging out with friends at the pool, playing spiderman (Gideon and Ethan), going to the mall to splash in the fountain. All of the super fun things to do in the summer. Hope you are all well. As for Spencer coming, no contractions at all yet. We are trying everything just short of the castor oil trick. Don't think I really want to go there. As with Gideon and Audrey, my kids come when they are good and ready. We will keep you all posted.










1 comment:

Whitney said...

You sure look like you are having a fun summer. I bet you can't wait for the little one to come. I am so excited for you!!! Not to much longer.